Tuesday 24 May 2016

Magnolia

























No one understood the perfume
of the dark magnolia of your womb.
Nobody knew that you tormented
a hummingbird of love between your teeth.

A thousand Persian little horses fell asleep
in the plaza with moon of your forehead,
while through four nights I embraced
your waist, enemy of the snow.

Between plaster and jasmines, your glance
was a pale branch of seeds.
I sought in my heart to give you
the ivory letters that say "siempre",

"siempre", "siempre" : garden of my agony,
your body elusive always,
that blood of your veins in my mouth,
your mouth already lightless for my death.


Gacela of Unseen Love by Federico Garcia Lorca
via here
























                                                                         The Outfit
Dress - from a charity shop, originally Oasis
Flower Hair Clip - Accessorize
Vintage Chinese Paper Parasol - from Great Granny Kiki




The Soundtrack
Florence And The Machine - Delilah


I thought it was time to show my face after 2 years of twin parenting. The dark shadows and lines have inevitably worsened, but the desire to dress up like a hippy preraphaelite continues unabated!
ps. I'm finding the formatting of these posts seems to have changed weirdly, so bear with me if there are some big gaps like the one below!























































8 comments:

  1. I was just telling a co-worker about you yesterday! So lovely to see this post. I am so glad you feel like posting. I have always loved seeng what you get up to. I hope you are reveling in family life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh Linda I am flattered, thank you! Hope all's good with you. Family life is wonderful but exhausting. Potty training looms so I need my escapist blogging more than ever...

      Delete
  2. Has it been two years already?! You are as lovely as ever Emalina.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you dear Sue! I feel I've aged about 20 years, but that's what twin toddlers does to one...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Splendidly gorgeous images! I've missed you and your soulful, artistically lovely posts a great deal, sweet lady. Thank you for brightening our springtime with a new entry.

    Wishing you the most marvelous of summers!
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete


  5. I thought it was time to show my face after 2 years of twin parenting

    ดูหนังใหม่ชนโรง
    series-123.com

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message, I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...