Thursday 14 February 2013

I Carry Your Heart With Me







 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
i carry your heart with me (i carry it in
my heart) i am never without it (anywhere
i go you go, my dear; and whatever is done
by only me is your doing, my darling)
i fear
no fate (for you are my fate, my sweet) i want
no world (for beautiful you are my world, my true)
and it's you are whatever a moon has always meant
and whatever a sun will always sing is you

here is the deepest secret nobody knows
(here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud
and the sky of the sky of a tree called life; which grows
higher than soul can hope or mind can hide)
and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart

i carry your heart (i carry it in my heart)
 
 
 
 
poem by e. e.cummings, via 1
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


 
 
 
The Outfit (just seen)
 
Faux sheepskin and wool jacket: from Oxfam Online
 
Shoulder Strap Satchel: very old from H&M
 
 
 
The Soundtrack
 
The sea waves
 
 
 
All photographs taken by me, using my digital camera, in the days before I had this blog.
 
Happy Valentine's day! Love is love, whether romantic, familial or friendship in form: we all have people in our lives whose hearts we hold dear. To me Valentine's day is a celebration of all these forms of love, each deeply important and necessary to me.
And most of all it is an appreciation of the man I love, he.
 
 
 
 

29 comments:

  1. Between the poem, the rocks, the sunset and your beautiful face; we all must be carrying our hearts with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. what a lovely thing to say Ofelia, thank you!

      Delete
  2. Emalina, I feel like this post is for me. Thank you ever so much for sharing your sea. Of course it looks magical. It's beginning to dawn on me that you are the magic! Beautiful photos, and I adore E E Cummings.

    Sue xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a pleasure to show you my sea, after you have shown yours! We have lots of beaches near us but this one featured here is my favourite. Thanks Sue!

      Delete
  3. So glad to have found you, my sweet and romantic Emalina.
    I love the photos and the poem so much.
    Lots of hugs.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad to have found YOU, dear wonderful Sacramento! You're so kind thank you!

      Delete
  4. what a beautiful sequence, the e.e. cummings love poem and the imagery... Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you enjoyed it my dear, thank you! Hope you had a great V day!

      Delete
  5. I do love that first photo and e.e cummings. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Vix, yes e.e. cumming writes the best poetry doesn't he.

      Delete
  6. Beautiful photography! Happy belated Valentines!

    XO, Simona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Simonas, and I hope you had a great V day!

      Delete
  7. Beautiful photos and sentiments. I heart the rock shaped like a heart! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you enjoyed the post, thank you! I was delighted to find that rock I can tell you: a perfectly imperfect heart.

      Delete
  8. What a beautiful dedication to end with as well as a lovely reminder of all the forms of love that we are party to.
    That first image makes me think of my mum because when we were younger my little brother and I always used to look out for heart shaped stones on beaches or by rivers to give to her. She has a small collection of them now, her 'Mum' stones...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much dear Roz! How lovely that your mum has a collection of 'hearts' from you and your bro, she must treasure them. It was a beautiful rock, but sadly too heavy for me to carry home at the time. Mr Eve and I have been collecting gorgeous marbled stones from the nearby beaches and have a little collection too, all looking like earth coloured Rothko miniatures.

      Delete
  9. wow those photos are so incredible beautiful. that golden sunlight, the sea and that beautiful words that really warmed my heart today;)
    love and kiss,mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How kind of you Mary Lou, thank you, and I'm so glad to have warmed your lovely heart :)

      Delete
  10. You always delight and surprise with your photography, outfits and the written word. It is obvious that you fill your world with beauty and to have found a rock the shape of a heart is truly magical.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a kind thing to say, Judith, I am really touched, thank you! Beauty is very important to me - not so much artful beauty but a recognition of the great beauty inherent in the natural world, and in natural woman too...

      Delete
  11. That's a lovely, lovely poem.
    Gorgeus pix, lovely lady! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank so much my dear! Yes I adore that poem!

      Delete
  12. wow these pictures are beautiful!

    -Violet

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is one of my favorite ee cummings poems. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message, I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...