Thursday 12 September 2013

Shepherd's Hut Love


 
 
 
 

 



 








 
“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived. I did not wish to live what was not life, living is so dear; nor did I wish to practise resignation, unless it was quite necessary. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life, to live so sturdily and Spartan-like as to put to rout all that was not life, to cut a broad swath and shave close, to drive life into a corner, and reduce it to its lowest terms.”  
 
 
Extract from Walden: Or, Life In The Woods, by Henry David Thoreau via 1


 



 












 


The Outfits:
Vintage 1970s denim hot pants: inherited from my dear Mum, along with the legs!
Green & Black Breton Top: from a charity shop
White & Blue Swan Breton Jumper: old from Topshop, in the days I still shopped there
Watercolour Painted Top: gift from my Mum
Capri Pant Jeans: old from H&M
Hunter Wellies: from Ebay
 
 
 
The Soundtrack
Mazzy Star: She Hangs Brightly 
 
 
All photographs taken on holiday in Dorset about 4 years ago, long before my blogging began. It was one of our loveliest ever shepherd's hut adventures, and that's saying something as we've had a few! Details of Sam the shepherd's hut, available for holiday let, can be found at the glamping website Canopy & Stars.
 
This seems a fitting post with which to celebrate the first anniversary of this blog Kiki & the Gypsy, which started life simply as a wardrobe of old clothes, a love of nature, and a photograph from our stay in a gypsy carriage to use as the header.
  Enormous thanks to all of you who read and comment on this blog, I feel very lucky to have found this welcoming and inspiring community, you're amazing and have brought such pleasure to my life.
 Here's to the next year of blogging!
 
 
 I am delighted to be a part of the next Visible Monday, hosted by Patti from Not Dead Yet Style, click on the website link to see her outfit and those of many others.
It's also a great pleasure to be joining Ariane at her Show Me Your Style link up at Style Sud-Est.
I'm also popping by Jane from The Flight Platform for her link-up, themed this week Behind The Bike Sheds (hope these hot pants are rebellious enough for you Jane!).

29 comments:

  1. These pics are amazing, this is really gypsy! love the little wagon/cabin, must be so quite and peaceful! and you were adorable, so you are now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Blogversary!

    What a lovely looking holiday.

    bisous
    suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning first pic, dear Emalina.
    Happy bloganniversary, my friend.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Blog Birthday, here's to many more! What an idyllic holiday, I'd claim squatters rights and refuse to budge from that delightful haven. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations for your one year anniversary. I love to read your blog and am always looking forward to the beautiful photos of your outfits, the fairytale-like stories and your interesting thoughts. I think you had a really lovely holiday in Dorset. Must read more about holidays in shepherd's huts. Seems to be adventurous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well you knew we were going to comment on the legs, didn't you! You are gorgeous! And congratulations on your first year of blogging. One of my favourite reads, I always live richer than when I came.

    This style of holiday looks like magic. I've never seen this before, I would call it a caravan, and that and barging, I believe you call it, are calling me over. I swear I've lived a life before in this beautiful setting of Dorset.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy first anniversary! I so enjoy your blog. It's like a fresh cup of tea and a biscuit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So very beautiful nature, so very beautiful photos! Happy first blog anniversary, Emalina! It is always a pleasure to read your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing these gorgeous pics (and your hot legs!) and Happy Anniversary!

    Sarah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely caravan, gorgeous setting, lovely pics, AND beautiful you in hot pants - now that's a blog birthday celebration! xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is absolutely heavenly! the pictures are a dream, the setting, the cabin and lovely you!!!! and i agree with past caring you look hot in your hot pants;)
    kiss,mary

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wish I inherited those legs!! My sisters got the best ones, but I got the so-called "piano legs" from my other grandmother. :-) I'm sitting here in Concord Massachusetts, just a few miles from Walden Pond, where Thoreau lived and mused. Talk about a small world. I'm here to take care of my elderly parents while my sister takes a break. Although you're miles away, I feel your presence and spirit here. It's just what I needed. XXOO

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm with Jean - want those legs!! The passage from Thoreau is wonderful as are your spirited images of sucking the marrow out of life - what a fabulous holiday and amazing location!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It looks so beautiful and isolated. I would love to go there. Happy bloggy anniversary :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Mazzy star i s better than ZZ-top but the soundtrack should be the ZZ-top-song where they sing "She got legs ..."

    ReplyDelete
  16. how beautiful ... looks like you had a good time out there ...

    ReplyDelete
  17. One of the (many) aspects of your blog that I really appreciate is the way you introduce such wonderful excerpts of poetry and prose into your posts. Here's yet another sample that's making me want to abandon the Brontes and track down Henry david Thoreau!
    What a blog year; what enticing images of that shepherd's hut; WHAT a pair of legs.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What an amazing holiday adventure, I would love to camp in a gypsy caravan among all of that beautiful countryside.
    Happy blog anniversary :3

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy bloggerversary! What a wonderful way to celebrate by showing us these lovely images of that shepherd's hut and you (and those amazing legs inherited from your mum).
    It's always a delight seeing a new post from you - with the excerpts of poetry, divine clothes, beautiful photos and beautiful you. I look forward to all the posts to come. x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy first Emalina! you have a great blog!
    A gypsy's hut what a delightful thing, I saw them in movies of course, but they don't exist around here, instead, we have Indian tipees!
    You can rent them and sleep, eat in them -
    Yes you got legs indeed! spectacular is the word, and the pic is exquisite!
    Oh my! i will say it again the english country side is so lovely!

    See you soon!

    Ariane xo

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congratulations on your first year of blogging. I always enjoy visiting your beautiful site - your photos, ensembles and your magnificent writing. Looking forward to another year of your self expression and the pieces that honor your history. Like the stunning 70's hot pants that belonged to your Mum!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congratulations on your year anniversary dear Emalina! I am so very happy you have joined this amazing community...for you bring such a rich and uniquely beautiful perspective. Another magically transportive post!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely scenery. I inherited my legs from my mum, too - and my arms.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Happy Bloggerversary! You are already a seasoned veteran. Best yet you are a poet, in words, in whimsy, in imagery. Pearls for the soul.

    ReplyDelete
  25. That looks absolutely amazing! What a great retreat!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Emalina, what fun! You have an awesome blog and I am happy to have found YOU! The shepherd's hut looks delightful. I cannot imagine staying in one. Would be a dream!

    XOXO
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  27. I so wish I could express myself like Thoreau and get to the essence of life the same way. You were certainly doing as he prescribed here in this gorgeous countryside and shepherd's hut! We all seem astounded by those endless legs you presented in the first photograph! (I am petite and it's been my biggest disappointment in life not to have long legs :) )

    Oh, you're one of first people to say they know Dalí's delightful book from their own past! So glad you enjoyed it too. - J xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. I'm so glad to have met you through your beautiful blog. Happy one year.
    The watercolour top is stunning, as are your legs with the hot pants...

    ReplyDelete
  29. Congratulations on a year, wishing many more happy blogging years. The shepard's hut is amazing. I adore old structures like this. Where I live there are cabins by lakes with a similar magic! You look completely at home and inspired out in this gorgeous landscape. I can see these pictures as the start of your blogging adventure.

    blue hue wonderland

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message, I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...