Thursday 21 November 2013

The Browning Version




 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"Is not this a true autumn day? Just the still melancholy that I love - that makes life and nature harmonise. The birds are consulting about their migrations, the trees are putting on the hectic or the pallid hues of decay, and begin to strew the ground, that one's very footsteps may not disturb the repose of earth and air, while they give us a scent that is a perfect anodyne to the restless spirit. Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns.”
 
 
George Eliot via 1
 
 
 
 
 







The Outfit
Tweed Cape: from a charity shop
Grey leggings: very old and baggy from the high street
White Cable Knit Wool Jumper: from a charity shop
Trapper Faux Fur Knit Hat: a gift from my Mum
Hunter Wellies: from ebay
Black Gardening Gloves: from Mr Eve


This outfit is what Mr Eve calls my 'mad trapper' look, often worn while pottering around the autumn garden. All photos taken by me using the self timer on my little camera.

I'm pleased to be a part of Hat Attack, a link party held by the wonderful Judith of Style Crone, do click on her website link to see her amazing feathered hat, and do join in! 

I'm chasing my tail with so much work at the moment, hence little time for blogging or blog visiting. Life should calm down in the next few weeks so I can't wait to visit you soon!
 

10 comments:

  1. You look delightfully snuggly and cosy in your "mad trapper outfit". That cape is a beauty and your gardening gloves put my hideously floral Poundshop ones to shame! Good on you for gardening in this weather, I've not been brave enough the tackle the leaves this week, too cold for me! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the line about the birds consulting about their migrations...You are lovely!! This outfit is a departure from the flowing dresses we often see you in, and it's brilliant! I love the cape, the tweed, the hat, the wellies...everything plays so nicely together. These photos bring a sense a calm and peace, something I hope does not allude you in this busy period of your life. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so cosy, you mad trapper woman! Love the cape. Hope life calms down soon, look after yourself. Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not just anyone can make a tweed cape, loose leggings, rubber boots, and a trapper hat with pom poms look so incredibly elegant! Your colours and textures are just perfect, and it all has a delightful humour as Mr Eve can see too. Lovely choice of poem to go with, as ever. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. The tell tale of fall in the trees are stunning.. and I am loving the poncho jacket!

    REGARDS FROM DUBAI! xxx
    MRS JACK OF ALL TRADES
    http://mrsjackofalltradesdaily.blogspot.ae/

    ReplyDelete
  6. The picture with those lovely trees and the lonely bench looks so adorable and so do you in your cosy outfit! Take your time, i hope you'll have enough time to relax as well! Take care! XX Tani

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous autumn backdrop for that brilliant outfit. I agree with Amber's comment, how do you manage to make all that look so elegant? (I'm sure those amazing pins of yours have something to do with it!).
    Hope everything has calmed down for you now. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Colorful even dressed in brown/grey.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your 'mad trapper look' couldn't be more jaunty and you have layered to perfection. I see that your hat is a gift from your Mum, making it even more special. Thank you so much for linking up with Hat Attack.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message, I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...